Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Weekend - Wow is it over already?

What a weekend! It has been a whirlwind. The nice thing is that Lisa and I ate breakfast outside on the deck and patio on Saturday and Sunday. No pics from the weekend, but let me break it down for you. I ate more carbs than I had over the last week, but I made sensible choices and didn't stuff myself - well maybe I indulged a little last night at dinner.

Lisa and I went out on a date last night - yep you heard it right a date on a Saturday night! She did have a wedding, but it was a small one so while I ran to pick up a few groceries and dog food (oops - we ran out) she took the flowers to the bride. We got back home at similar times and we went to dinner at a really good Sushi and Steak place. It's a little place out in Katy and if you are ever in the area you need to go to Nikko Sushi and Sake Lounge! We had a gift certificate so we enjoyed ourselves and had an appetizer and dessert with our meal. Here's what was on the menu for us:

Chicken Katsu for our appetizer
I had the steak hibachi (steak tips, vegetables, and white rice) and a green salad with it
Then we had a custard style dessert with strawberries and whipped cream

Lisa had a california roll and a tuna roll and my mushrooms off of my steak hibachi and she also had some hot sake.

It was a great place and a great time and we will definitely be going back again (and taking my brother so he can have sushi - lots of that on the menu). But wait - the date didn't end there. Are you ready for the excitement of what came next - we went to.........

Academy to buy new tennis shoes! ( I know we are so exciting and young and hip)

Today I had cereal and protein for breakfast a chicken and spinach salad for lunch and then pork chops, small baked potato, and veggies for dinner.

I also worked on a project for work for about 10 hours or so this weekend. Not what I really wanted to do, but it needed to be done and I feel really good about what I accomplished. This is a massive undertaking that I am working on and have redone it twice now to settle my perfectionist tendencies. I am making a flowchart in Microsoft Visio of our electronic course submission system - every click, every action. It is getting quite massive.

So tomorrow is another day and I will start all over again and we will move on!

2 comments:

  1. oh you are so exciting young and hip bro ... love that line ... made me laugh out loud and for that I love you even more.

    oh and don't look it as starting all over again tomorrow ... it is but another day. 1 choice at a time, one day at a time, une pound at a time.

    love you ... just keep on going

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - yes, it made me laugh too - I am just SO 'hip', in my stylin' new tennies! :)

    Yep, we just keep on truckin'

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete