Friday, May 21, 2010

What the ???

Last night was rough. Like I said in my text message (to all of you who get them - thanks for the support back). I'm doing the plan. I'm following the plan. I'm doing everything I need to be doing. The weight is not coming off.

It was hard last night - I knew I had a good week. I had tracked everything and had made sure to get my 8 healthy habits in each day (water, dairy, lean protein, fruits and veggies, healthy oil, multivitamin, whole grains, and activity). The weight went up though - 1.6 lbs up. What the...??? I guess this is the true meaning of a plateau. I go up some and then I go down some - then I go up some and then down some. It is extremely frustrating!

That was a huge slap in the face to me - I was expecting to get my 50 lb. star last night which would have meant 70 lbs. total since starting this journey almost 1 and a half years ago. I was depressed - I cried (yes - real men do cry!). Not sure what is going on. I had a good talk with Judy and Dawn after the meeting (thanks Judy and Dawn - I love you two very much) and we are trying to change things up this week. I am going to eat at least 3 oz of protein with every meal and see if that helps (I was only eating about 1 oz with breakfast and lunch each day) and adjust my quantities of everything (carbs to protein ratio). I am also going to bring my trackers in next week and let her look at what I am eating and at what time I am eating those things.

It should be interesting to see what she has to say. So here we go - it's time to figure out what the heck is going on and try to break this plateau and get things rolling again in the weight shed department!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment