Friday, May 14, 2010

Time for an Update

Good morning all my faithful readers. I hope you are having a blessed week! I realized last night that I haven't updated in a while and I needed to so here goes with what has been going on in my life lately.

1. My brother and I have "beefed up" our efforts to lose weight and we are going strong. We needed a little friendly sibling rivalry to get things going so we are having a little challenge. So far so good. We are both "shedding" the weight and are moving right along. Hopefully, next week I will hit 50 lbs since joining WW and that will give me a total weight loss of 70 lbs. That would be awesome!!!

2. The last two weeks have been great. Dawn (my friend from WW) and I have been emailing each other every night or the next morning with our daily points total and whether or not we got any activity in that day. However, I have noticed that it has turned more into numbers and any celebrations or challenges we may have had that day. It is great - I truly am blessed to have someone like Dawn in my life. It is nice to open an email and read that someone has had the same challenges that you have had and can relate to what you are going through.

3. Support is crucial to success! You have to have a support network around you because there are going to be bumps along the road. I know that I could not do this without my lovely wife, family, and friends. They all have their own unique way to encourage and motivate me along this journey. Thank you all for everything you do.

4. It's amazing how much the program works when you do what you are supposed to do. Since my birthday I have managed to drop almost 8 lbs in one month. I decided a few weeks ago that it was time to get back to it and put it in gear. It has been great and the cool thing about it is that even when I am having a bad day (I'm an emotional eater) I find myself reaching for healthier alternatives to the fast food drive through.

More to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment