Monday, February 22, 2010

Been a Couple of Weeks

Well it's been a couple of weeks since I posted - sorry! Sometimes life catches up to you and runs you over and then you have to run to catch up (but that earns you activity points). It was a good couple of weeks. Two weeks ago I was out of town at a conference and I took my own food for lunch and breakfast and ate a sensible dinner.

Last week it was back to the grind of work and planning out my meals. The exercising each morning is going well (yes I know it's at some crazy hour - but it's working). On Thursday we talked about eating out. Some good tips that I try to stick to are:

1. Plan ahead - if I know I'm going to be eating out I look up the menu or even better nutritional information online to determine what I am going to eat.

2. Think green - I try to make sure that I have at least one healthy vegetable in my choice. If it doesn't have one then I don't order it. Make wiser choices - that's what it's all about.

3. Make good decisions about where to go for dinner - I am beginning to tell people when it's not a good choice. Before I would keep my mouth shut and just go and eat whatever, but now I suggest another place and usually it works.

4. Get picky - ask the server to adjust your meal. Fix something grilled with sauce on the side instead of the regular way that it's listed on the menu.

Just some helpful things to think about. Check out the new numbers on the right!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment