- By losing just 10 percent of your body weight, you can lower your cholesterol and reduce your blood pressure.
- By losing just 10 percent of your body weight, you'll improve your body's ability to use the insulin it makes, possibly preventing the onset of the disease.
- A 10 percent weight loss increases feelings of vigor and vitality - you feel better and have more energy.
- Losing 10 percent can give you the self-confidence and motivation you need to keep going. "Success builds on success."
- After losing 10 percent, you gain a sense of what it will take to lose the rest and reach your final goal weight.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Well I made it just in time to weigh in tonight. Then off to an alumni board meeting. I had a good week and I lost (see the update to the right), but that's not all. I hit my 10 percent goal weight tonight. What that means is that I have lost 10 percent of my total weight. The benefits of losing 10 percent are below: