Monday, October 10, 2011

Emotional Weekend

Well it was a long weekend and a very emotional one. I'm not going to go into the details with all of you, but just know that some things were said that really upset me and hurt. Maybe they are true, but I don't think so. What I do know is that the stress of my work situation is spilling out and effecting my personal life. I really do enjoy my job, but some of the people I work with have made some poor decisions that are effecting the entire team. I will leave it at that because I don't want to go into any more detail that may have a negative impact on me.

I have decided to do my best to not let these actions of these individuals bring me down and stress me out. All I can control is me and make the best of the situation. I get so worked up about things that it causes everything else about me to get so out of whack and go emotionally crazy. Then I impulsively react and that does not bode well for others or myself.

A good friend of mine had a great conversation with me a few weeks ago and helped put things into perspective and I have not been following that advice. My brother also has an incredible outlook on life and echoes the same thoughts. I am going to focus on what I can change and control. I know it will be a work in progress and I know that I will hit setbacks along the way, but I have to look at life this way or the outcome will not be a positive one.

Back to the things that were said this weekend - they made me start to look at things in a different perspective. I guess that was the one positive thing that came out of the comments! Here is what I can change and focus on:

1. Loving God and loving myself.
2. Being the best husband I can be.
3. Focusing on the positive things in my life.
4. Helping others - because it really does make you feel better.
5. Being more active - aka Get Up and Move!
6. Eating healthy and enjoying what I eat.

and - Living Well, Laughing Often, and Loving Much!

To all my family, friends, and supporters - I love you all very much! You are truly wonderful people who have influenced my life by just being a part of it.

To sum it all up here's a few quotes that I found that are very true and hopefully good words to live by:

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves" - James M. Barrie

"My life is my message" - Mahatma Ghandi

"He who allows this day to pass by without practicing generosity, and enjoying life's pleasures is like a blacksmith's bellows. He breathes, but does not live." - Proverbs

"God loves you not because He's blind, but because He can see" - Andre Rabe


1 comment:

  1. There you go bro ... live, learn, love and then love some more. Unlimited possibilities ... remember that. In our darkest moments there is always hope and unlimited possibilities ahead.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete